Schedule an Appointment
Schedule an appointment for the Research & Writing Center (3340 HBLL) or drop-in for assistance on a first-come, first-served basis. You may also schedule an asynchronous online consultation, where a writing consultant will review your work and respond via email with feedback and a personalized videocast.
Policies & Reminders
- Come prepared with assignment descriptions, drafts, and questions.
- Allow ample time to practice and revise.
- Sign up for no more than two thirty-minute appointments a day in the Research & Writing Center.
- Sign up for no more than one appointment per week for online consultations. Also note that online appointments are reserved for current BYU campus and BYU Online students only.
- If you need to cancel an appointment, please do so 24 hours in advance so that other students can schedule appointments.
- Writers who miss two online appointments in a single semester will be ineligible for online services for the remainder of the semester or term.
- Writers 5+ minutes late for Research & Writing Center appointments may be asked to reschedule. Online consultations are considered late if materials have not been received before the schedule appointment time.
- The Research & Writing Center only notifies faculty of a visit upon the writer’s request.
- Writing Consultants do not discuss or assign grades.
For more information about writing consultation sessions, see our FAQs page.