Schedule an Appointment
The RWC will offer online-only assistance for Spring 2021. Click here for an overview of our appointment options.
- For immediate help, request a drop-in consultation by chatting with our receptionists here.
Important: You must use your BYU email exchange account (firstname.lastname@example.org) for communications with the RWC. To access this account, go to office.byu.edu, enter your email@example.com and password, and click on the Outlook icon. For video instructions, click here. If you are having trouble creating an account, click here or chat with a receptionist.
Accessing My Appointment
- Log back into your account at https://rwc.byu.edu/rwc/index.php
- Select your name at the top left and find your appointment under “My Appointments” in the drop-down menu
- Click on your appointment slot, and then click “START OR JOIN ONLINE CONSULTATION”
Click here to chat with a receptionists if you have any issues accessing or attending your appointment.
Policies (updated March 2020)
- Appointments are available for current BYU students only.
- Students are limited to an hour of synchronous (Zoom) assistance per day and three hours of synchronous assistance per week.
- Students are limited to one asynchronous (email) appointment per week.
- Students who miss two appointments will be ineligible for appointments for the remainder of the semester. An appointment is consider “missed” after 10 minutes (for a 30-minute consultation) or 15 minutes (after a 60-minute consultation).
- Consultants do not discuss or assign grades.
For more information about research and writing consultation sessions, see our FAQs page.