No matter what you are teaching, the BYU Research & Writing Center is happy to support writers from your courses.
Research & Writing Center Services and Resources
- Individualized research or writing consultations, tailored to learners and assignments,
- Handouts for use in the classroom or as additional resources
- Reference materials (handbooks, style guides, etc.)
- Email notification to faculty of student visits (with student’s consent)
- Workshops and presentations to support classroom instruction
- Consultant training and awareness of specific genres and assignments
- Resources for classroom peer review instructor guide & student worksheet
Recommendations for Helping Students Use Research & Writing Center Services
- Explain peer review as a professional and academic practice
- Familiarize yourself with the Research & Writing Center and its offerings
- Introduce students to RWC services:
- Encourage students to visit well in advance of deadlines to ensure time for revision and to avoid long lines.
- Remember that meeting with a writing or research consultant in the RWC should not replace classroom instruction or attendance.
Make your students aware of the Research & Writing Center and its resources by including a statement in your syllabus:
The BYU Research & Writing Center (3340 HBLL) is a valuable and free resource where trained and certified consultants provide individualized assistance on any assignment and at any stage of the research and writing process. When you visit, remember to bring your assignment description along with any specific questions. More information can be found at RWC.byu.edu
Resources for Faculty writing and teaching
Faculty and staff writers are welcome to use Research & Writing Center services in addition to other on-campus programs designed to assist faculty with writing, editing, and teaching: